Friday 27 February 2009

Rugby...

Sitting here in my France shirt at half time... wondering if England can muster the enthusiasm, the talent and the heart, to play as either the French or the Welsh are this evening...

Somehow I think not.

Good engineers do not necessarily make good managers. Good soldiers do not necessarily make good officers, and as much as I admired Martin Johnson's captaincy of England, and as a lock forward, a World cup winning player; I do not believe he is a good manager or coach and tomorrow will show how far England have slipped in both world rankings and in the minds of their fans.

I hope I am wrong, but, having written that, I think it might be necessary to see another defeat for Will Carling's 57 Old Farts at Twickenham to realise they have to get the best coach available.

Martin Johnson is not the man for the job...

No comments: