Sunday 18 October 2009

Renovation of an old barn - 2009, take3


Finished!

Well almost. But the odd thing is that creativity has entered my life again...

A simple act of sorting through some collected stones and patiently positioning them against an ugly old wall, has been quite an exciting pastime.

I used to think climbing mountains and skiing fast was exciting. But something has obviously happened to me. I have loved it and it has, in the eyes of those close to me been quite noticeable.

Now all I have to do is mix a load of mortar and apply that with a block of tight sponge, and do that while it remains above 5 degrees centigrade, which is usually between the hours of 11am to about 3.3opm or so and when the sun sinks behind buildings and the air temperature drops. All this at only 550metres altitude.

No comments: