Monday 31 December 2012

It's the end of the year as we know it, Jim...

 Apologies to all my reader, for ignoring you since the end of October when I stopped swimming in our local lake, and noting it here in all my enthusiasm...
I have instead dug out my Movement skis, my Gecko skins and my Black Diamond ski poles and dusted them off and warmed up my Salomon rando boots and in an attempt to keep fit in mind as well as body, I have turned once again as the snow has arrived, to ski touring - not too far; but at least walking uphill for an hour or two. Once a small peaceful break, and perhaps a sandwich of home made bread with local cheese or ham and maybe a small glass of chilly white wine has been enjoyed, I ski down in just a few minutes...

Wonderful. Freedom, peace and tranquillity.

To anyone who passes this way, I wish a very happy and healthy New Year - 2013

No comments: