Saturday 13 June 2009

Nijo - jo Castle gardens, Kyoto

The colours of spring in Japan, the mix of textures of the foliage leave me breathless and I decide that maybe I should put away the camera...



And take out the sketch pad, pencils, watercolours, the tiny easel, the small pot of water, the folding chair from my canvas shoulder bag; bought from the Tate Modern gift shop of course, and...



Try and capture the beauty of the symbol used on the shirts of the Japan Rugby team...



Until I am transfixed by the complex petal pattern of the cherry blossoms that we thought we'd missed... only then to be defeated by the well positioned sign...



Bet Banksy never 'ad this problem...

2 comments:

Nettie Edwards said...

Ha ha ha!!! Reminds me of a road sign in Lithuania: "Don't miss the tarmac road!" Can't wait to see the Banksy exhibition in Bristol!

pondlife said...

I'd love to see Banksy's exhibition in Bristol... I said to Mrs Pondlife we should go, but she firmly advised me that I'd have to fly over on me tod, as she's all out of holiday allocation this year... might be able to do that tho'