Sunday 18 May 2008

Listen Very Carefully, I Shall Say This Only Once...

Some months ago I noted the following into my Moleskine note book; and now this new blog is under way, I thought I might share it with anyone who's passing...

I was listening to the radio, BBC Radio 4, yesterday, as I've been home all week with a very heavy cold...and whilst mooching about I heard the following..

" now we turn our attention to Property, property ownership and in particular to properties abroad and the pitfalls that can affect Britons buying abroad in Spain, France and of course, now further east in the new EU countries of the Balkans... so can we take our next caller please ?...
"Good Morning Property programme, and who do we have on the line ?"
"Allo ? yeah, My name's Sid, an' I'm from Sydenham-sarf-London-yeah? an' I gotta question..."
"Morning, Sid, what's your question then?"

"Wossa biggest 'ouse in France...?"

.... absolute silence while the programme announcer and producers wondered what they'd got...

I nearly wet myself...

No comments: